Sunday, January 6, 2008

Crescent Chicken Squares

I have a friend at work who has been asking me for this recipe for a while and I keep forgetting to take it in to work. Now she says that since I have a recipe blog I should put it here - so here it is!

Crescent Chicken Squares
8-ounce pkg cream cheese, softened
5 tablespoons margarine, melted - reserve 1 tablespoon
4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons minced onion
2 8-ounce pkgs crescent rolls
3/4 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
1 can cream of chicken soup plus 1/4 cup milk for sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend cream cheese and 4 tablespoons of margarine until smooth. Add milk, salt, pepper and onion. Stir in chicken and mix well. Separate rolls into 8 rectangles and press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mix into center of each. Pull 4 corners of dough to top center of filling, twist together and pinch to seal. Place squares onto ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops of squares with remaining melted margarine. Sprinkle with crouton crumbs. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Warm cream of chicken soup mixed with milk and spread this sauce over top. These reheat well.
~~~~~
I have been making these for several years and my whole family likes them. I have served them to friends and they are always a hit. Bob and Heather rate these a 9.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

So ... can we comment and rate recipes if we aren't family ?! I may try some of your recipes too !! :)

jennwa said...

I have made these or something similar and they are good.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Oh my goodness, I just found this blog of yours ... OK, YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I must try this!!

~melody~

Terri said...

I've actually got these on my list to make right now - they're a #10

Marvela said...

You write very well.

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.