Friday, January 9, 2009

More Freezer meals

I recently made more freezer meals and have a few recipes to share.


Mexican Manicotti
1 pound lean ground beef
1 can (16 0z) refried beans
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
8 ounce pkg manicotti shells
2 1/2 cups water
16 ounce jar picante sauce
***
To use when serving:
2 cups sour cream
8 ounces Montery Jack cheese
1/4 cup sliced green onions
sliced ripe olives - optional

In a bowl, combine the UNCOOKED beef, beans, chili powder and oregano. Spoon into UNCOOKED manicotti shells. Arrange in greased 9X13 baking dish. Combine water and picante sauce, pour over shells. Cover and seal dish tightly with aluminum foil. Freeze.
To serve: Thaw completely in refrigerator. Leave covered and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Uncover, spoon sour cream over top, sprinkle with cheese, onions and olives if desired. Bake another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
Serves 6
* We rated this an 8. Bob and Heather liked it. I thought it was okay, but didn't care for the texture of the pasta. It was too soft for my taste
~~~


Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
4-6 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded.
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes with green chilies, drained
1 can stewed tomatoes, with juice
16 ounces cheddar cheese
16 ounces spaghetti

Cook spaghetti for about 2/3 time listed on package (this ensures it doesn't become mushy when freezing), and rinse drain.
In large bowl, stir together chicken, onion, green pepper, soup, Ro-Tel, stewed tomatoes and cheese. Then stir in cooked spaghetti.
Divide into 2 - 9X13 pans.
To serve: Thaw completely in refrigerator. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until bubbly.
* This was good. It doesn't taste at all like regular spaghetti. It's spicy but not too much. We rated this one a 9.
~~~


Parsley Parmesan Chicken
12 boneless, skinless chicken breast - or what ever type of chicken you like. (the quantity is quite flexible)
1 bottle Italian salad dressing
1 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup parsley flakes
1 tablespoon paprika
salt and pepper

Marinate chicken in dressing overnight. Mix remaining ingredients and dread each breast with coating. Place each breast on a cookie sheet and allow to freeze, then place together in zip-loc bag and freeze.
To serve: Thaw completely in refrigerator. They may then be grilled or bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.
*We rated this a 9. Bob loved the chicken. I did it on my Foreman grill and next time will do it in the oven on parchment paper, because the coating stuck to the grill.




15 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh! Awesome! This look great! My family will love the manacotti. I am going to schedule my own cook day to get my fridge stocked! Thanks Mari!

kathy said...

These sound so dee- lish! I love stocking the freezer - thanks for sharing these - I'll be printing them and saving them

NAVAL LANGA said...

I have read some of your posts/photos. I like the same and would like to revisit.

If you like reading short stories from an Indian writer, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

Naval Langa
SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA
PAINTINGS GALLERIES

Another Interesting Blog LIFESTYLE AND RELATIONSHIP

Deb said...

Thanks for the great recipes, I will try these! i am bored with the same ole dinners.. .

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Mari, you have some wonderful recipes here! Thank you for sharing!

Kathi :)

Nicole said...

I might try that manicotti. My kids always like mexican food and I ALWAYS need new ideas! thanks :)

Mary / Mariah said...

This looks so good . I'd like to try it soon .
I'm looking for a recipe for French Onion Soup , they put bread chunks in and top with cheese , put under broiler to melt just before eating . . I had some at a resterant and love it . I'd like to make my own some day .
Mary

Tami Vroma said...

These look REALLY good Mari! I'll be coming back to these because I need to make more freezer meals because people always want to see homes at night. That leaves my family to cook dinner!

All My Blessings said...

Yummy! I believe these are great for next weeks menu....Kae

Pennies In My Pocket said...

I HAVE to try the manicotti! Adding it to the list for next week. :-)

~melody~

Mary / Mariah said...

Thanks , I wish out kitten would tame down so I could pet it .
Mary

Mary / Mariah said...

Thanks so much ,
I love being able to fix ahead and freeze food for later . Really helps .
Mary

TJ said...

I think I'll try the Mexican dish. This is the first time I have visited your receipe blog. I'll be back..

Becky said...

Mari-
I tried the manicotti dish. My family loved it. One thing that I found helpful is to pipe the filling into the manicotti shells with a ziploc bag with the tip cut off. Also, I used ground turkey for the beef with very good results. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.