Monday, April 6, 2009

Grandpa Salad

This is a favorite salad in our house. I got the "recipe" from my daughter who got it from her husbands family. It's a salad that her hubby's grandpa always brought to family gatherings, which is why it has the name it does. I've made it to bring to potlucks and we've had it at home and it's always a hit. There is no actual recipe, so you can make as much or as little as you like. Sometimes I make a small version and bring it to work as my lunch.
Grandpa Salad
lettuce; variety of your choice, torn into bite size pieces
hard boiled eggs; sliced (I use 6 or 7 for a large bowl of salad)
bacon; cooked and broken into small pieces
cherry tomatoes
cheese, cut into small cubes (I use the Kraft crumbles variety)
mayonnaise (I use Kraft, reduced fat with olive oil)
Place lettuce into serving bowl. Stir in eggs, bacon, tomatoes and cheese. This may be done ahead of time. Immediately before serving stir mayonnaise into salad. Use just enough to coat the other ingredients.
It sounds funny to use mayonnaise but it really tastes good. My husband and one of the girls at work don't like mayonnaise but they like this salad!
* this gets a score of 10

10 comments:

Aspiemom said...

That sounds soooo good! Looks good, too!

I have all of the ingredients except for the tomatoes. Guess I'll wait until I get more groceries - thanks for the recipe.

Mike Golch said...

That looks soo good.

TJ said...

Looks wonderful. I like mayo myself. I may just try this... Thanks.

Bonnie said...

This looks delicious Mari ! I love mayonnaise so no problems there ... :)

Groomer Angie said...

Man that looks good and sounds so easy!!

Angie

Sylvia said...

How have I missed your recipe blog I wonder? These look great!

Mary / Mariah said...

Sounds so good , I love this kind of food .
Thanks , Our Daughter and her family are home safe , Thank God .
Mary

Together We Save said...

Sounds really yummy.

Margie said...

YUMMY I LOVE MAYO!!!

jaylan said...

nice blog you got there. you look like a nice lady