Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

This is a simple to put together dessert that looks fancy when cut, and is so good!
.
Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert
.
2 boxes ice cream sandwiches
12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
2 bags Heath Toffee Bits
Open sandwiches from one box and place in 9 x 13 pan, positioning to cover bottom of pan. Spread half of Cool Whip over ice cream sandwiches. Sprinkle 1 bag of the Heath bits over Cool Whip. Repeat layers and freeze.
This recipe fills a 9 x 13 to the top of the pan, so it makes a lot. When I make this for just my family, I half the recipe; still using a 9 x 13 pan and the pieces are just not as tall.
.
*This recipe gets a 10. It's one of the things Andy asked me to make the last time he was home.

11 comments:

Kathy said...

I don't salivate often at the computer, but your display of recipes look....delicious! I love the salad a couple of posts down. It looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing these!

TJ said...

ummm This looks right up my alley. Ice cream is good anyway it's served. I need to remember this one. Thanks

Melissa said...

Yeah, I'm definitely starting to salivate here....this looks delicious! :)

Cherdecor said...

I must leave here before I start gaining weight just by looking. YUM!

Mary / Mariah said...

Thanks friend ,
This Looks very yummy , I wish I could just reach out and take one .
Mary

Pat said...

My mouth is watering and it's only 9:3Oam!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

sweet mercy......

Lynn said...

Yum, I'll bet this is a real hit! Looks tasty.

Margie said...

making this for tomorrow!!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness!!! YUMMY!!!!

Margie said...

Just wanted to say thanks again for sharing this recipe! I made it with one layer choc cool whip and one regular (lite) for a birthday at work! This my second time making it in a month!! I may experiment with choc chip ice cream sammies!