Saturday, June 27, 2009

Chili Corn Bread Salad


Here's a great salad recipe for you. I made it when we had a group over and it was really good!

Chili Corn Bread Salad
1 pkg (8.5 oz) corn bread/muffin mix
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies
1/8 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp ground oregano
Mix all of above and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 envelope ranch salad dressing
Mix to make dressing.

1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

In a 9x13 glass pan or a large glass bowl, crumble half of the corn bread. Spread half of the dressing over bread. Layer with half the beans, corn, tomatoes, pepper, onion, cilantro and cheese. Repeat layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
* this was a huge hit and gets a 10!

10 comments:

TJ said...

Never heard of such a salad. Looks great. I may try it for a church dinner.

Kathy said...

Based on appearances alone, I'd call this one a winner! It looks fabulous, and great for a nice summer dinner! Or, lunch with friends! : )

Pat said...

Somebody needs to make this for me.

The Young Artist said...

This looks so good! Wow. I'll have to try it some time, thanks!
HAppy 4th of July!

Bawstongirl2010 said...

It looks yummie!

MunchkinMama said...

It looks amazing! Do you serve it like a normal salad? I'm afraid that if I saw it at a potluch I would be looking for the crackers that go with it, because it looks like a layered dip. I'm going to have to try it! :)

Betsy said...

Oh my...this blog could be dangerous! I paged down until the rhubarb cake and had to stop...my mouth was watering! :)

Karine said...

I love the presentation of this salad! It looks yummy!

Julie said...

That looks amazing! Never had anything quite like it...definitely bookmarking it.

Chris said...

Wow does that look good. Thanks now I hungry and I just ate. mmm mmm mm.