Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ice Cream Dessert

I'm sorry I don't have a picture of this one. I make it frequently so there is really no excuse for this. However - it's such a good summer dessert that I decided to post it and not wait for a picture! This is one of my families favorite desserts. I like it because it can be made ahead of time, and can easily be changed.

Ice Cream Dessert
24 Oreo cookies
1/3 cup margarine, melted
1/2 gallon ice cream, flavor of your choice (Mackinaw Island fudge, mint chip. coffee, heath bar, are all good)
Crush the Oreo cookies and mix with melted margarine. Press into 9x13 pan and place in freezer. Allow ice cream to soften and spread on top of frozen crust.
Topping:
6 squares semi -sweet chocolate
3 tablespoons margarine
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
Combine topping ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Allow to cool completely and spread over ice cream. Freeze.
* This is an easy 10 in our family!

4 comments:

linda said...

My MIL used to make this and it was always such a hit. Thank you for the recipe!

Pat said...

Oh my, this would be an 11 for me!

shopannies said...

this sounds delicous

Zhenya and Nika Aksutin said...

Thank you for this sweet blog!!!I to have many holidays ahead. Lily birthday, and Zhenyas and mine too..... WOW!!! We to invite many friends and I wish to make something new!