Monday, August 31, 2009

Joanie's Chocolate Chip Cookies


These cookies are a favorite in our house. I got the recipe from a friend at church . She is known for these cookies and they always get a good price when she makes them for the annual youth auction. The recipe is actually her Grandma's, so it has stood the test of time! These cookies turn out different that the standard Toll house cookies. They are lighter and crispier.

Joanie's Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 sticks margarine or butter
1 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups flour
2 - 12 ounce pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine sugars and butter and cream well. Add oil, egg, vanilla and milk. Mix together. Add salt, soda, and flour and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoons on cookie sheet or warm baking stone. Bake at 350 degrees for 17 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
*These rate a 10, especially for Andy. Joanie has made them for him several times when he has had leave and could come home. He is always thrilled!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

OH yum! I don't think I've ever had a bad chocolate chip cookie! :) I like the thin and crispy or thick and chewy!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Oh they are the best, but aren't they Joanie's Grandmas?!!! I'm sure she wouldn't want to take credit for them, right! LOL!

Jennifer said...

I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.... I LOVE Joanie's cookies! I hope I don't ruin a good thing. LOL!
BTW-You posted this just in time because we are making goodies to bring to Zack on Saturday and chocolate chip cookies were on the list.
Smiles!