Sunday, August 16, 2009

Malted Milk Ball Dessert



This recipe has been one of Andy's favorites since he was little. He used to call basketballs "boop balls" when he was little and since this dessert had "balls" on the top, he called it Boop Ball Dessert. We still call it by that name! It's a nice refreshing dessert in the summer.

.Malted Milk Ball Dessert

Crust:
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 stick melted butter
Mix and press into a 9 x 13 pan.

Filling:
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
12 ounces crushed malted milk balls
Stir together and spread over crust. Freeze.
Top with 8 ounces softened Cool Whip spread over frozen filling. Garnish each piece with a malted milk ball.

.*This is a long time favorite that rates a 10

8 comments:

TJ said...

Looks and sounds wonderful. Never heard of a recipe with malted milk balls.

Pat said...

I'm surprised how fairly simple this sounds to make, it loos so good! I don't know where you get all these wonderful recipes, but I want to eat at your table!!

Betsy said...

I love anything with a graham cracker crust! :)

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness....YUM!!

Lynn said...

Yum. I love ice cream pies :) I never thought to use malted milk balls.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth said...

This looks delicious! I am going to have to try this dessert sometime!