Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas



This is a good recipe to use leftover chicken in, or with Thanksgiving coming, maybe you have some leftover turkey to substitute!  It works well with either.

Chicken Enchiladas
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 ounce can of diced green chilies, with juice
3/4 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
2 cups shredded, cheddar cheese, divided
10 large flour tortillas
1/3 cup milk

Melt butter; add onion and garlic and saute.  Stir in green chilies, sour cream and soup.  Remove 3/4 cup of sauce and set aside.  Add chicken and 1/2 cup of cheese.  Fill tortillas with chicken mix and roll up.  Place in greased 9X13 pan, seam side down.
Add milk and 1/2 cup cheese to remaining sauce.  Pour over enchiladas.  Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheese over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Serve with green onions, sour cream and salsa if desired.
*This is a long time family favorite.  Heather says it may be her favorite meal ever!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

We really like chicken enchiladas at our house. I have started using a sour cream/white queso sauce on mine that we find enjoyable. Thanks for sharing.

Pat said...

Makes my mouth water!

~Ginger said...

Guess what we are having for dinner tonight?! Oh I'm so excited and these look so good!

Thanks my friend for sharing! I think I can handle making these :)

Momma Roar said...

Had to come check out your recipe after Ginger told me she was making these!! They look yummy - will be on our table soon, for sure!!

Thanks!
Leigh Ann

Betsy said...

Mmmm....I'm going to remember this for the left over turkey!

Marie said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! It looks so good. I hope to make it soon.
Love,
Marie