Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pizza Rolls


I tried out a new recipe that I got from my friend Betty, at A glimpse into midlife.  I changed it just a little, to fit our tastes and because she lives in Paraguay I switched the measurements from metric.  Anyway - they are good and in spite of using a yeast dough, they are surprisingly easy to make.  Hope you enjoy them too!
Pizza Rolls
1 tbsp. quick rising yeast
1 egg
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup Oil
1 tbsp. Salt
3 - 4 cups flour, or until it makes a soft dough

Knead the dough thoroughly then put in a warm place and let rise for about an hour. This is not a very big recipe, so it´s not much dough.

While the dough is rising you can prepare the filling:
8 ounces mozzarella cheese
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
8 ounces ham, chopped finely
1 garlic clove
1 Tomato
1 jalapeña pepper
Oregano and any other spices you enjoy. 
* You may change the meat to other types, or add you own favorit pizza filling.
Mix this all together in a bowl.

After dough is risen, take about half the it (beware it´s pretty soft and sticky, use lots of flour), and roll it out into an oblong shape. Then you sprinkle the filling mixture onto the rolled out dough.
Then you roll it up till it resembles a log.
Slice pieces off the log and lay them filling side down on a baking sheet.
Let them rise for about 15 minutes.
Bake in a preheated oven, 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
*These rated a 9 on Bob's scale.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

These look so yummy Mari !!

Rebekah said...

Yumm!!! I bet this would make an awesome breakfast pizza

Trudy said...

This looks really good--I'll bet my grandson would love it...he's a pizza monster!

Horlic said...

Just nice if I can take this with cup of tea. Yummy